The aLIVE programme is made relevant to the development of kids, tweens, teens and youth. Designed to appeal to young people, the programme aims to inspire students to continue Learning Islamic Values Every day.
For more information on the programme, head to www.alive.sg
After graduation from the Youth aLIVE Programme, students may choose ro further their structured Islamic education at Pergas’ Sijil Lanjutan Pengajian Islam (SLPI) [Advanced Certificate in Islamic Studies] programme. A memorandum of understanding was signed between MUIS and Pergas which allows Youth aLIVE graduates fast-track entry to Pergas’ SLPI and be exempted from the 1-2 years Sijil Pengajian Islam (SPI). However, do note that the medium of instruction is in Malay and students are required to sit for the Arabic Language module.
- To increase the number of young children visiting the mosque.
- To guide students towards self-directed learning, with supervision in English and Math especially.
- To familiarize students with religious obligations.
Photocopied Documents Required
- Student’s Birth Certificate (BC) or Certificate of Singapore Citizenship
- NRIC of parents/guardian (photocopy both sides)
- Copy of custody or guardian papers/court order (if applicable)
How to Apply
- Duly complete the application form.
- Enclose photocopied supporting documents.
- Submit the above items to the Education counter at level 3 of Masjid Maarof.
- One-time registration fee of $20
- Annual miscellaneous fee of $40
- Monthly school fees of $100 per month
- For those eligible for subsidy: $20 registration fee ONLY. All other fees are borne jointly by MENDAKI and Masjid Maarof (Sponsor-A-Child grant).
Fee Subsidy Eligibility Criteria
- The Student must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- The Student must be a full-time student with a government school, government-aided school, autonomous school, independent school and madrasahs.
- The Student must not be attending tuition at any one of MENDAKI’s tuition programmes or any other programmes supported by MENDAKI such as (Self-Help Groups (SHG) tuition programmes, community tuition programmes run by RCs/CCs)
- Net Monthly Household Income / MOE FAS
- Net Monthly Household Income (NMHI): $1,800 and below, OR
Net Monthly Per Capita Income (PCI): $450 and below OR
- Currently a recipient of the Ministry Of Education Financial Assistance Scheme (MOE FAS)
- Net Monthly Household Income (NMHI): $1,800 and below, OR
Additional Photocopied Documents Required (For fee subsidy application)
- BC or NRIC of all the family members living in the same address.
- For working family members: Latest pay slip / letter from employer confirming latest pay / latest CPF Contribution History
- For housewife, self-employed person, part-time worker, odd-job worker, one who is employed but without payslip, retiree or unemployed person:
CPF Contribution History and complete the Declaration of Income Status – Refer to Section 4 of the application form.
The self-employed person must submit the latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Marriage / Divorce / Death Certificate (if applicable)
- MOE FAS letter (if applicable)
- Other supporting documents (if applicable):
Copy of Prison visit card or Notice of Admission from Singapore Prison Service and Letter of Retrenchment/Termination
class schedule ay2020
Class Schedule for AY2020 will be released in July, insyaAllah.
Registrations for Study Space @ Maarof is now open. Click here to download the Application Form for Study Space @ Maarof.
Registrations for aLIVE Madrasah and Quran Recitation Class (QRC) will open in mid-
Alternatively, you may get the form from our Education Counter, Level 3.
Do take note that we require BOTH PARENTS’ SIGNATURES on the forms. This includes divorced parents without a sole custody order. Please submit the relevant custody/guardianship/death certificate if applicable. Do approach us if you require any assistance/clarification in this matter.
As per listed in the checklist, registration is only confirmed once a completed registration form is submitted with the following:
- a photocopy of student’s birth certificate (B/C),
- a photocopy of both parents’ identification cards (NRIC), and
- payment of $130 (aLive Madrasah) / $80 (Quran Recitation Class) / $160 (Study
Space @ Maarof) which consists of the registration fee, miscellaneous fee and two
months (January & December) school fees.
For aLIVE Madrasah, we invite those eligible for financial assistance to apply for the Islamic Education Fund (IEF). Please see section 4.4.
financial assistance (4.4)
For the aLIVE programme, MUIS offers the Islamic Education Fund (IEF) Grant to ensure that no child is deprived of Islamic Education due to financial difficulties.
You may download the IEF form here or get a physical copy from our Education Counter, Level 3. Do take note that we will require a complete registration form and all the required documents to process your application.
For the Quran Recitation Class (QRC), we have the Sponsor-A-Child initiative. Please approach us if you wish to apply for this grant. Upon successful application, students will need to maintain an attendance of at least 90%.
However, this sponsorship will only be effective if we have the community coming forward to donate. We invite those with means to make a donation at our counter. A whole-year scholarship for one student totals to $280. We also accept donations of $20 to cover 1 month’s school fees.
May Allah bless those who make it easier for others to learn the Holy Quran. Baarakallahu feekum.
We understand that sometimes students will have a change of schedule in the course of the year. Please approach us to request for a change in session if required. You may download the form here or get a copy from our Education Counter at level 3.
Do take note that this process will only be possible if the requested session has available slots and is not full. Processing of request will take approximately 2 weeks before confirmation.
In the circumstances that you need to withdraw your child from our Madrasah, please inform us and submit to us the withdrawal form. You may download it here or get a copy from our Education Counter at level 3.
Failure of notification will result in continuous billing of a student.
Processing of withdrawal application will take approximately 2 weeks before confirmation.